Monday, April 7, 2008

A Good Start to the Week



Oy, back to the grind. Spring Break ended with the alarm going off this morning, at least for Mr. Fix and the lovely Daughters #1 and #2. I however, had to work the entire week. Yesterday was my only day off for the week, and I did...

...a whole lotta nothin'. I watched the Cubs game- put out your "W" flags! (for "win"...not THAT W!)- and napped in the sunny spot on the couch with my electric blanket. The most difficult thing I cooked yesterday (stop laughing!) is coffee, and even that was just an afternoon reheat in the microwave. I watched the happy people in Chicago, some of them sunning themselves sans shirts in the Bleachers, and thought about how nice it would be to join them. Yes, I'm a Cubs fan.

Growing up, I never really held allegiance to any one team. Our family lived a good hour's drive from either set of grandparents, and I remember that your favorite baseball team was chosen for you depending on the set of grandparents you were visiting. Maternal grandparents = Chicago White Sox and Paternal grandparents = Chicago Cubs.

Once I moved to Chicago for school, my loyalty was quickly determined by 1) proximity to the ballpark, 2) a complete dislike for the American League's designated hitter rule, and 3) how cute Mark Grace was at first base.

So, NO, I didn't get my Spring cleaning done. The most exciting thing I did the past week or so was to attend a concert with Mr. Fix. We went to see John Prine in Sheboygan, WI where we had a fantastic dinner at a little place called Margaux right across from the theater.

Are you a fellow Cubs fan? Click here for a story that aired on Katie's favorite, NPR, last week. Enjoy!

No comments: