Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lookie What I Got!


Last Friday morning, after a terrific martini-soaked Thursday night with the girls, I detoxed at the YMCA with The Doctah. We decided to treat ourselves to a little retail therapy, too (it was the start of the weekend, after all). We ended up stopping into a new boutique in town, "Gigi's Boutique." I had heard about the place from running friends ( I had no idea that this place even existed, which is strange- usually I can smell great clothes miles and miles away), and their reviews didn't disappoint me. What you see in the photo above is my booty for the day: a cute knit tunic (left) from Free People , and an irridescent jacket with 3/4 sleeves and a bit of swing styling from BB Dakota . There was more, but all good fashionistas know that you can't show your excitement too plainly, especially on the first visit!

So that was my excitement for the start of the weekend, and the rest of the weekend was capped off by the fantasticness of the Chicago Cubs sweeping the South Side White Sox in inter league play. I annoyed the crap out of my entire family by singing, loudly and badly, Steve Goodman's "Go Cubs Go!"

Now that you can't get that song out of your head, go ahead and enjoy the rest of your work week!

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

Oooh! My cousin Johnna told me all about Gigi's Boutique! Sounds excellent--can't wait to see your new threads! Now that you've got your small town Boutique shopping geared up for summer, get down here ASAP so you can visit all the fantasticness of Plymouth's Boutique's! Fo shiz, grrlll, you need to be here. XO